About Lin-Lin Mao
A software engineer by training and a passionate artist since childhood, I am a self-employed professional taking on work which interests me the most: portrait painting, website development, desktop publishing.
I thrive on creative projects and am obsessed with getting a job done well and in a timely fashion. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on:
- Portrait Commissions
- Website Development
- Desktop Publishing
References available upon request.
- Artwork by Lin-Lin Mao:
- Websites designed and developed by Lin-Lin Mao:
- Walter Johnson High School Education Foundation. This is a non-profit organization. In addition to creating the site, I added PayPal™ donate buttons to the site for collecting on-line contributions.
- MCCPTA (Montgomery County Council of PTAs). This website was completely revamped from its previous incarnation.
- Tilden Middle School. This website was completely revamped from its previous incarnation.
- Musical Expressions. I created this brochure website in 2006. It is maintained by an employee at Musical Expressions.
- Artist Bertrand Mao. My father's website which showcases his artwork and services.
- Websites updated by Lin-Lin Mao:
- Lucid IDS. I fixed the code underneath this website so that all pages displayed correctly on the most popular browsers. When I started work on this website the graphics and content were already there, however the HTML code was terrible which is why it did not display correctly. I moved a lot of the "hard-coded" display information from the HTML files to a CSS file and also corrected the extremely sloppy HTML code.
- Artist Susan Goldman. I have updated Artist Susan Goldman's website with new images and text that she has emailed me.
- 2006 - Present: Volunteer Website Developer and Webmaster for Tilden Middle School PTSA, and Walter Johnson High School Education Foundation
- 2009 - 2010: Volunteer Website Developer and Webmaster for Jane de Winter's campaign for Montgomery County, Maryland County Council.
- 2006 - 2009: Volunteer Website Developer and Webmaster for Tilden Middle School and Montgomery County Council of PTAs.
- 1995 - Present: Involved Parent and PTA volunteer/chairperson: yearbook, newsletter, student directory, school wall calendar, Sally Foster giftwrap fundraiser, geography bowl, after school activities, school dance, PTSA secretary, soccer team manager, webmaster, room parent
- 1989 - 1995: Software Engineer for International Business Machines (IBM). Developed the graphical user interface for various PC products using IBM Presentation Manager and Microsoft Windows software development toolkits.
- 1985 - 1989: Software Engineer for Associative Design Technologies. Developed the graphical user interface for the company's workflow product on Silicon Graphics workstations.
- 1985: received Master of Science in Media Arts & Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Studied under award-winning graphic designer Muriel Cooper at the MIT Media Lab.
- Master's thesis - "Computer Art and Creative Tool Making". For my thesis project, I developed a software program that allowed users to create digital brushes and to then "paint" digital images with the brushes where the user was able to change the size and opacity of the brush mark while painting.
- 1985: Digital art work "Alfalfa" selected by jury for SIGGRAPH 1985 Art Show.
- 1982: received Bachelor of Arts majoring in Computer Science from Brandeis University
- Dreamweaver / Fireworks / Flash / Cartweaver
- Microsoft Word / Photoshop Elements
- "C" programming language / UNIX / DOS / Windows